Sunday, April 09, 2006

Home cooking for vegans and home for the creative mind

This is Likha Diwa, one of my favorite restaurants. Its a 15 minute walk from where I live. Roughly translated, the name means Creative Mind.




They serve vegan and sea food dishes. They also sell organic food products, condiments and meat substiture producs made from gluten and soy protein.


The floor of the restaurant is hand painted with nature motifs.

The a hand painted tarp doubles as a ceiling for the Garden Seating area.


Likha serves vegan dishes with homecooked taste. They use no MSG or any flavor enhanser on their food. In a country where MSG is considered a condiment, I was happy to have discovered this place. That its only a stone thrown away from where I live is but another blessing. Happiness!


They also have celebrations every full moon. Artists and musicians perform during such celebrations. When its not raining, the garden is also set up with tables and chairs to accomodate more people during festivities.



Again, I wish I could bring you all over to this place. I think you'd enjoy it here.

4 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

This is just brilliant Winnie Rose. I would just love to be able to come and go with you to experience the joy of this home style cooking.

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger wrr said...

Thanks Heather. Wouldn't it be great to be able to do that? Hmm, maybe in a few years they'll be able to invent virtual taste. Ha-ha!

I just realized I should've taken photos of the food as well. There were only 2 other customers at the time. It was a slow day as school's out and wouldn't start again until after the holy week. P

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger wrr said...

I myself am not completely vegan. I still eat egg, and some dairy even though dairy actually gives me asthma. Ice cream just isn't something I'm ready to let go of yet. Soya alternatives are out of the question because its not good for me.

I do love cooking for friends. I'm not so sure all of my friends like eating a meal without meat or poultry or seafood. LOLs!

LIkha serves sea food entre's too. There used to be poultry dishes but a year ago they've limited it to sea food and vegetarian dishes.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

What a gorgeous place, Winnie. Thank you for taking us there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home